- The Dangers of Being Ill-Informed
- How to Handle a Demanding Workplace
- Are “Soft Skills” Really Soft?
- PROFILE – Karen Nanninga
- Creating a Good List in Excel
- Wisdom Comes at a Cost
- Quit Your Job the Right Way
- Leading Teams Successfully
- Staying Relevant in a Changing Workplace
- Your Image at Work – And How to Manage It
- Are You Being the Mentor Your Executive Needs?
- Calling All Manbassadors
- 8 Tips to Help You Manage Your Day
- The 11th WA-Summit: The Middle 6 Months
- How to Use LinkedIn to Get a Job
- Is Anger Ever Justified?
- Event Security: Are Your Delegates Safe from Harm?
- Leading a Team as a New Manager
- How to Build A Strategic Business Partnership
- Launching an Internal Admin Network
International Motivational Speaker, Award-Winning EA, Coach, Former Chief of Staff at PayPal and Facebook
Al-Husein loves people.
And he is passionate about empowering you to fulfill your greatest potential.
Al-Husein Madhany is Senior Consultant Coach at the Duncan Group, a retained search firm. The firm operates globally and offers expertise in four practice areas: recruitment, organizational consulting, coaching, and executive-level training for professional and personal assistants.
Prior to joining the Duncan Group, Al-Husein was Chief of Staff to the PayPal Chief Human Resource Officer and the lead Executive Assistant to Facebook’s first Chief Information Officer.
In 2016, Al-Husein was awarded Best New Executive Assistant in all of Silicon Valley, by the Admin Awards Association.
As a consummate connector and facilitator for diplomatic action, Al-Husein has served as an Aspen Ideas Scholar and a Council on Foreign Relations term member. He currently is one of five Global Ambassadors to the 2018 World Administrators Summit and sits on the advisory board of C-Suite Executive Support Professionals.
Al-Husein is an Emmy-nominated, award-winning documentary film producer (http://www.secretlifeofmuslims.com/), published author, and was previously a professor at Georgetown University in Washington, D.C. Al-Husein has advanced degrees from Harvard and the University of Chicago.
In his free time, Al-Husein coaches Silicon Valley Executives and their Assistants.
- – Negotiating Your Next Pay Raise
- – Building a Resume that Human Resources Wants to Receive and Read
- – Landing a Phone Screen and Nailing the In-Person Interview
- – Learning How to Build a Business Case with a Return On Investment
- – Excelling in Project Management
- – The Future of Technology and the Role as Administrative Professionals
- – Developing an Effective Manager/EA Partnership
- – From Being ‘Just an Admin’ to Becoming True Executive Business Partners
- – Future Proofing Your Role
- – Transforming Yourself into a Culture Carrier and Brand Ambassador for Your Executive and Your Organization
- – New Internet Technologies & the Future of Our Profession
- – Earning a Seat at the Table: Sharpening Your Critical Thinking Skills
- – Developing a Successful Business Partnership: Ensuring Mutual Success by Managing Up
- – Show Me the Money: Knowing Your Worth & Getting Rewarded for Excellence
SHOW ME THE MONEY: KNOWING YOUR WORTH & GETTING REWARDED FOR EXCELLENCE
Executive Assistants and Administrative Professionals can find themselves frustrated with metric-driven performance evaluations, outdated job descriptions, and salary caps. Often, your exhaustive work completed behind the scenes cannot be measured by the traditional metric-driven evaluation, and you are underpaid as a result. Evaluating your worth and confidently communicating your value to management are vital skills for you in today’s fast-paced business environment. In this high-level session, you will learn how to negotiate for a raise as well as negotiate for a higher starting salary in your new job from someone who has worked within the Belly of the Beast, Human Resources!
- – Learn how to negotiate for a raise with your current employer and manager.
- – Learn how to negotiate your salary before signing the contract for your next role / job.
- – Learn HR’s tips and tricks used to pigeonhole you into a salary or job title.
- – Learn the language of negotiation and business, taught by a Harvard-educated Executive Assistant.
- – Gain confidence in your ability to ask for what you really want.
NEW INTERNET TECHNOLOGIES & THE FUTURE OF OUR PROFESSION
Having spent over 10 years in Silicon Valley, and having worked for some of the hottest and most valuable tech companies in the world, Al-Husein Madhany shares his insights on where our profession is headed and why. After reviewing the past 10 years of technological innovations, he imparts what is absolutely crucial for every Executive Assistant and Administrative Professional to understand about Blockchain, Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, Autonomous Vehicles, Cloud Computing, and the Internet of Things–and how these technologies will impact the future of your career.
- – How to best prepare for the job market of the future.
- – Where the highest paid administrative careers are today.
- – How to ensure that technology will never replace your role.
- – How to get hired by a technology company.
- – How to negotiate your salary when joining a technology company.
With Al-Husein’s methods, my best friend successfully negotiated a $23,000 raise! You absolutely must listen to him. His time-tested and proven methodology for negotiating a raise really works!
- Anne Gardiner, Executive Assistant, Seattle, Washington, USA -
Al-Husein made me think about what I was doing stuck in the same job for 12 years. With his tips, I put out my resume, had two job offers and took a new job for almost $20,000 more!! Thank you, Al-Husein, for the inspiration, motivation, and tools to change my life!
- Tammy Copp-Barta, Executive Assistant, Kansas, Missouri, USA -
Al-Husein helped me negotiate a pay raise supporting a CEO in a technology company, and when I still was not getting paid what I believe I was worth, he pushed me to work hard to land my dream job getting paid $25,000 more than I was before! He helped me reframe my story, rewrite my resume, prepare for my interviews, and negotiate my starting salary, with benefits! I highly recommend working with him. He is highly knowledgeable and knows the industry very well!
- Elisa Monroy, C-Suite Executive Assistant in Silicon Valley, California, USA -
Spellbound. That’s the right word to describe an audience that Al-Husein Madhany is addressing. I’ve seen him live in front of two substantial conference audiences and the reaction is the same. From the moment he takes the stage, the audience knows they are hearing from someone with deep knowledge and broad experience. He’s funny, insightful, and genuinely cares about the people he is addressing. From the production perspective, he’s flexible, collaborative, and is as interested as you are that the presentation is successful. If you have the opportunity to have him speak at your event, you will not be disappointed.
- Melissa Esquibel, Technology Expert Trainer & International Conference Presenter -
This is life-changing stuff which is not hyperbole. When Al-Husein speaks, people listen – closely, attentively, and actively. He motivates positive action. I’ve seen it with my own eyes at several conferences and perhaps most powerfully, at the Be the Ultimate Assistant workshop that I teach. As our day was coming to an end, I gave him the floor for five minutes (because a little goes a long way with Al-Husein) and wow, did he deliver. Our students were on the edge of their seats as he cut them to the chase on how to make the money they deserve. And the best part is that many of them went out and did exactly that. Now that’s empowerment and the definition of “motivational speaking.” I look forward to continuing my work with Al-Husein. He is an important voice in the administrative profession.
- Bonnie Low-Kramen, CEO of Be the Ultimate Assistant & Bestselling Author -
Booking Al-Husein Madhany for your event is easy. Here is the information you need to know:
Call our office number on +44 1932 560974 with any queries or to book.
Request Further Information
For more information, a quote or to book Al-Husein Madhany, please use the contact form or the contact information below.
+ 44 (0) 1932 560974