- Lead Them to the Future
- See Yourself as a Strategic Partner
- How to Reduce Your CC’d Email
- PROFILE – Alice Scutchey
- Tips for Assistants for Managing Stress
- Ambition is Not a Dirty Word
- Get to Know Alexa – Before She Takes Your Job
- Beware of Those Big Bravery Killers!
- A Gen Z Could Soon Be Your Boss
- 20 Ideas for Social Media Posts
- Countdown: 12 Months to the Next World Administrators Summit
- An Assistant’s Guide to Proactive Disaster Preparedness
- Five Pieces Of Advice I Would Give My Younger (EA) Self
- How to Raise Your Personal Brand on LinkedIn
- The Assistant’s 8-Step Guide to Effective Travel Planning
- How Diverse is Your Strategic Network?
- Seven Habits of Teachable Leaders
- The IAAP Foundation Scholarship
- Collaboration: What Does It Mean?
- Regain Control of Your Workload
Career coaching and training for administrative professionals striving to build strategic business partnerships with the executives they support
Debbie Gross is a speaker, trainer and coach in administrative professional excellence with over 30 years working in the administrative profession and was formerly the Chief Executive Assistant to the CEO of Cisco.
Having received the Colleen Barrett Award in 2016 by the Admin Awards of Silicon Valley, the highest award given for administrative excellence, she is a passionate advocate for the administrative profession. She is a dynamic speaker, motivating her administrative audience to continually develop their skills and raising bar to gain true recognition and business partnership they deserve!
Debbie has a unique ability to bring out the absolute best in each administrative professional or Executive Assistant she works with. She has inspired, educated hundreds of administrative professionals in to becoming true leaders and powerful presences within their organizations, speaking to companies such as Cisco, Veritas, Facebook, Fenwick & West and FEDX.
Debbie brings her own personal stories, best practices, tips and tricks from her highly successful administrative career to the stage. Her distinctive speaking style generates creativity, fun and new thought processes for administrative professionals.
Having traveled the world as a speaker, Debbie is considered a credible spokesperson for the profession. Transforming good to greatness and true business partnership in the administrative profession!
Debbie will be speaking at Executive Secretary LIVE in Atlanta 15-16 November 2019. For further information and to book, visit www.executivesecretarylive.com
Creating Successful Business Partnerships
Would you like to have a better relationship and greater trust with your leader? Do you feel sometimes your relationship is rocky or wavering a bit? Are you striving to be a business partner vs. just an administrative support person? Building a great relationship with the person we support is not always an easy one.
This workshop will focuses on the strategies that :
- – Give you greater confidence in doing your job – you understand their priorities
- – No longer keep you second guessing yourself – you know the right decisions to make
- – Create clearer communication – avoiding costly mistakes
- – Lower your stress – and having more fun!
The Wow Factor – Communicating for Successful Outcomes
Do you have a hard time saying “No”? Is it challenging to tell someone that you have an issue with their behavior or actions? Do you wish you could be more successful getting what you need or want from others?
Discover the key simple strategies of communication that can increase your confidence and overall effectiveness in communicating with others and ultimately:
- – Lose the anxiety! Have the confidence to say what you need to say
- – Confidence to say “no” without feeling guilty
- – Turn challenging relationships into lasting friendships
Rev Up Your Brand: Executive Presence!
Could your professional “Brand” be holding you back from your career goals? Maybe your “Brand” just needs a bit of polish? Do you know what your Executive Presence says about you? Your “Brand’ and Executive Presence is a combination of many things that speaks volumes about you to others. In today’s ever-changing business world it is our “Brand” that will either bring us opportunities and job satisfaction or will keep us from reaching our goals and dreams.
This workshop will have you creating a “Brand” and Executive Presence that will:
- – Give you the recognition that leads to potential higher financial rewards
- – Have you highly respected by management resulting in greater job security
- – Make you the “Star” they want to hire leading you to the job and the career you truly want
The Resume That Gets Results
Are you in the job market looking for a new opportunity? Do you get frustrated when you have sent out your resume to a number of companies and you don’t seem to be getting any calls for interviews? In today’s business world where employers now want more from the administrative professional candidates they interview competition is fierce!
This workshop will show you how your resume can stand out above all the rest of the crowd by:
- – Having just the right components in the resume that peaks interest
- – Shining a light on accomplishments that potential employers value and hire for
- – Knowing what impresses the recruiter that makes them want to call YOU above others
Building A Great Team – The Recipe For Organizational Success
Do you ever feel as though you are the only one playing on “the team”? Do you often wish that your team mates would play “nice” in the sandbox and collaborate instead of isolate?
This workshop looks at the essence of what true teamwork is all about and how great teamwork leads to organizational results and ultimate success. As in a recipe in a recipe book, we will explore all the various ingredients that make up a high performing team and how to get there.
- – Create better interactions that make it fun to work as a team
- – Discover the power of “team” that delivers results that are recognized and rewarded
- – Develop strong relationships that last a lifetime
Communicating With Confidence
Do you often wish you could express yourself more freely when talking to your leader? Do you cringe at having to have a difficult conversation?
In this workshop will drill down on the 3 major components of visual, verbal and written communications and then show proven tools and methods that when combined and applied in the right way:
- – Build on your confidence making even difficult conversations easy to have
- – Gets you amazing results allowing you to achieve your goals
- – Develop the relationships you want and need that will support you long term
Are you constantly feeling overloaded and overwhelmed with your workload? Do you ever feel like you are never going to get it all done? Is your work/life balance out of balance?
In this workshop we will identify the challenges that get in the way of our abilities to manage our own time effectively and then we will focus in on some of the key strategies you can use to overcome some of those challenges:
- – Learn how to get your time back and have more control of your workload
- – Put yourself back in command giving you a better balance both in your professional and personal life.
- – Eliminate the stress of being overwhelmed and start enjoying your role
Managing The Executive’s Calendar – The Great Challenge!
Do you ever find yourself saying “there’s no way I can squeeze one more meeting into my executive’s calendar today!” Does your level of frustration and anxiety go up when you receive multiple requests a day for your executive’s time?
This workshop will look at the calendaring aspect of the administrative roles and the “continually” temporary, sometimes ambiguous pieces that make up scheduling and focus on strategies that remove the stress and uncertainties and assist you in:
- – Removing ambiguities of calendar requests– knowing you made the right call
- – Creating processes that streamline scheduling – putting you in control of your executive’s schedule
- – Feeling less like a daily task doer and more one of a true business partner
The Art of Influence – When You Have No Authority
Is there something you know you need or want in your job but are unable to figure out how to get it? Do you ask yourself, “how can I influence this person to give me what I need when I have no authority over them”? As administrative professionals we have to influence others on a daily basis in order to be successful however it is often not an easy task when the people you need to influence are not receptive, willing to budge, or are higher up in the organization.
This workshop will drill down on those strategies that can open the infinite possibilities of getting what you want:
- – Discover what you possess that others value and desire – applying those to get what you need and want
- – Learn who and what you want to influence -creating successful approaches to convince
- – Know who can help you influence – using the power of additional support
Interviewing to Impress
So, you have been on multiple interviews, you felt it went well only to be told that there was someone more qualified for the role or the company has decided to hire internally. Looking for a job and being rejected can become disheartening and if we are not careful, we can lose confidence in ourselves.
This workshop focuses on the various components and strategies of interviewing:
- – Know the tough questions the interviewer is going to ask – be relaxed AND prepared
- – Learn the questions you as a candidate should be asking – impress them
- – Distinguish yourself from all other candidates so they will want to hire YOU
Administrative Excellence – Become Recognized & Indispensable
Do you sometimes feel unappreciated for the job you do? Do you worry that changes made in the company such as re-organizations could effect you and your role?
This workshop focuses on a combination of strategies that take you from being just a task doer to becoming a strategic thinker:
- – Building on your business partnerships –becoming indispensable
- – Using strategies that give you control – giving you greater job satisfaction
- – Develop communication strategies that will give you the recognition and ultimately potential career advancement
Become Recognized and Indispensable – Be a Game Changer
Have you often wondered if you might be effected by the next organizational change?
Do you wish your executive would give you more recognition for what you do?
This presentation will have you thinking differently and playing at an entirely new level in order to secure career and financial success
No Limits- Seeing Beyond Our Administrative Roles
What do Administrative Professionals do that limit them from seeing their dreams come true?
This presentation explores how just a shift in our thought processes can bring about amazing changes in ourselves, bringing new opportunities and greater career satisfaction,
The Power of The Administrative Professional
Administrative Professionals bring a certain power to their role each and every day to create success for their leaders and the organizations they support.
This presentation pays tribute to those amazing powers that we sometimes just take for granted but should never be taken for granted by ourselves or the individuals we support!
The Evolution Of The Administrative Profession…What’s Next?
The administrative profession is continually changing from our work environments, the technologies we use and even the way we communicate in today’s ever changing business world! How can we keep up with it and remain resilient in times of change?
This presentation explores some of those changes that have occurred, and what will possibly transpire in the future and what strategies we will need to incorporate to keep up with those changes.
Dear Debbie, I want to tell you again, your workshop “Be Recognized and Indispensable – Be A Game Changer” truly made a difference for me. You were articulate, very clear and gave an inspiring “call” to “up my game” and I am now thinking in new ways of functioning and managing myself.
- Martha Ekblad -
…thank you for the excellent and useful information on strategies for mastering your executive’s calendar. I have been an Executive Assistant to the President and CEO of our organization for 10 years… have found myself overwhelmed and defeated when I look back at the end of the day consumed by the calendar. Thanks to your workshop I am encouraged to take measurable and realistic steps to gaining a better sense of control over my day and my executive’s calendar!
- Helen Benson – Executive Assistant -
Thank you for developing the workshop Building Great Business Relationships! I loved the exercises you designed. So many of your topics were different from the “usual” for business relationship-building courses. The insights you shared on presence, quieting the mind, turning conversations to neutral or positive and the DFAA formula were all fresh and fascinating topics. Perfectly suited to the Administrative Professional’s unique set of challenges.
- Sharon -
Just wanted to get in touch and thank you. You were truly wonderful and your ability to present important information and “life in the day of an Administrative Professional” type lessons in such an engaging manner were amazing! What you had to say inspired and impacted each and every one of us in some very important and meaningful ways and I was fortunate to have been there to hear you speak!
- Iris Kabert – Executive Assistant -
Booking Debbie Gross for your event is easy. Here is the information you need to know:
Call our office number on +44 1932 560974 with any queries or to book.
Request Further Information
For more information, a quote or to book Debbie Gross, please use the contact form or the contact information below.
+ 44 (0) 1932 560974