- Lead Them to the Future
- See Yourself as a Strategic Partner
- How to Reduce Your CC’d Email
- PROFILE – Alice Scutchey
- Tips for Assistants for Managing Stress
- Ambition is Not a Dirty Word
- Get to Know Alexa – Before She Takes Your Job
- Beware of Those Big Bravery Killers!
- A Gen Z Could Soon Be Your Boss
- 20 Ideas for Social Media Posts
- Countdown: 12 Months to the Next World Administrators Summit
- An Assistant’s Guide to Proactive Disaster Preparedness
- Five Pieces Of Advice I Would Give My Younger (EA) Self
- How to Raise Your Personal Brand on LinkedIn
- The Assistant’s 8-Step Guide to Effective Travel Planning
- How Diverse is Your Strategic Network?
- Seven Habits of Teachable Leaders
- The IAAP Foundation Scholarship
- Collaboration: What Does It Mean?
- Regain Control of Your Workload
Former Senior Executive Assistant to the CEO Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation
John Shaw is a small-town boy who grew up in a very rural community in the American South. At 18 years old and living in Nashville, he was thrust into the world of privilege when he began his career as an executive assistant supporting country music royalty. After 13 years of providing administrative support to award-winning recording artists and celebrities, John left the entertainment industry to broaden his knowledge and skills, and hone his talent further with a move into management consulting. He eventually returned to the world of entertainment, supporting the head of marketing of three major television networks, but John still felt he had something bigger to offer to the world. He found the opportunity he’d been looking for to make a bigger impact as part of his career, when he was hired in 2014 by Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation CEO, Sue Desmond-Hellmann to be her executive assistant. He now enjoys spending his time with some of the brightest minds in global health, global development, and U.S. education, and no one seems to care that he never finished college. When John’s not at work, you can find him with his family and three dogs.
John will be speaking at Executive Secretary LIVE in Johannesburg, 28-29 February and London, 27-28 March, 2020. For further information and to book, visit www.executivesecretarylive.com
A Life Less Ordinary
John’s extraordinary story takes us on a journey of self-discovery from an impoverished start to EA to the CEO of one of the greatest foundations in the world. John will explain how seizing pivotal moments can shape our individual careers and life.
Working in the philanthropic sector has taught John to always ask what if? In this powerful session, John will encourage participants to think about not only how their work impacts the world but also about what personally fulfills them.
Booking John Shaw for your event is easy. Here is the information you need to know:
Request Further Information
For more information, a quote or to book John Shaw, please use the contact form or the contact information below.
+ 44 (0) 1932 560974