- Lead Them to the Future
- See Yourself as a Strategic Partner
- How to Reduce Your CC’d Email
- PROFILE – Alice Scutchey
- Tips for Assistants for Managing Stress
- Ambition is Not a Dirty Word
- Get to Know Alexa – Before She Takes Your Job
- Beware of Those Big Bravery Killers!
- A Gen Z Could Soon Be Your Boss
- 20 Ideas for Social Media Posts
- Countdown: 12 Months to the Next World Administrators Summit
- An Assistant’s Guide to Proactive Disaster Preparedness
- Five Pieces Of Advice I Would Give My Younger (EA) Self
- How to Raise Your Personal Brand on LinkedIn
- The Assistant’s 8-Step Guide to Effective Travel Planning
- How Diverse is Your Strategic Network?
- Seven Habits of Teachable Leaders
- The IAAP Foundation Scholarship
- Collaboration: What Does It Mean?
- Regain Control of Your Workload
International Speaker, Storyteller, Humorist, Writer, @OfficeRenegade
Kemetia MK Foley tells redonkulous, relateable stories. With her personal motto of #KeepLearningKeepGrowing, Kemetia champions the importance and economic impact of competent, dedicated administrative professionals in the workforce. She just started her new position as an executive assistant with Portland (Maine) Public Schools.
Kemetia earned her Bachelor of Science, Business Administration from the University of Mary Washington, and holds the Certified Administrative Professional® designation from International Association of Administrative Professionals. She’s leading the startup effort for Seacoast Branch of IAAP to offer virtual and in-person professional development courses starting late Fall 2019.
Amplify Your Voice Through the Power and Potential of Storytelling
Come on a journey to learn more about the power and potential of storytelling.
• Insights to the history of storytelling
• A bit about my storytelling process
• Why storytelling, speaking to a group, telling jokes, and stories with a moral are not the same thing
• The process for getting to the story you want to tell
Social Media Fundamentals for Savvy Administrative Professionals
Build a solid foundation for utilizing social in business communications
• What are the major social media platforms being utilized by businesses
• Understanding best use for each platform
• Five ways using social media can supercharge your administrative skills
Keys to Establishing Your Credentials as a Workplace Leader
Develop the brand reputation you want in the workplace
• Understand how your workplace defines ‘Leader’
• Demonstrate and document cost-savings and contributions
• Expand and showcase your external business network
The State of the Administrative Profession and What is Next
• Comprehend the current state of the administrative career field in the U.S.
• Researching and refining job titles
• Document business relevance
7 Skills You Need to Keep Your Career Moving Forward
• How to take the pulse of your industry
• Tools to research skill demand in your region and industry
• Implement professional development priorities to address gaps
Step Out Into the Spotlight—Shine Bright in Your Annual Review
Step up and out to showcase your contributions to your company’s success
• How to capture all that you do!
• Successfully assess your company’s review culture
• Strategically address challenges and victories during your 1-on-1
First-time in the Workforce— A Guide to the Starting Off Right
• Learn five best practices for your first 30 days
• How to establish a clear communication channel
• Demonstrate professional recovery from workplace missteps
It's How You Say It! Knowing the Right Communications Tools for the Job
Be strategic in selecting your communications channels
• Recognize the role of individual perceptions
• How to take the emotion out of tough communications
• Acknowledge and implement communication preferences
Being a Better Mentor—Building Successes
Leadership with purpose
• Define what the word ‘Mentor’ means to you
• Comprehend formal vs. informal mentoring vs. coaching
• Steps to establish your mentor/mentee relationship
Free Tools to Utilize to Harness Social Media for Professional Development
• How to identify legitimate thought-leaders in social media
• Determine your platform(s) preference by knowing your purpose
• Organize and schedule cost-free learning opportunities
Best Practices for Working with Boards and Committees
The program focus is directed at Executive Assistants and Administrative Assistants that are, or want to be, in roles that involve providing administrative support to organizations with a Board of Directors and/or committees.
Providing administrative support for Board of Director meetings and/or committee meetings can be a complex project that includes meetings set up, travel arrangements, clear and frequent communications with all involved parties, minute-taking and action item follow-up. This one-hour session will review the best practices that help these meetings run smoothly.
- – Establish communications that detail event responsibilities
- – Design and implement a routine communications schedule for attendees utilizing email, outlook and any other meetings software that provide this tool.
- – Create a template that can be adopted by any staff needing to cover this event
- – Understand various electronic options for providing documents for these meetings such as Diligent, Adobe, SharePoint.
- – Create meeting minutes and action follow-up documents
Kemetia was such an inspiration to me at the Exec Sec Live conference. I’ve always felt I can tell a story about someone else, but not about myself. Kemetia really brought this home to me and given me so much more confidence in using storytelling to get me where I want to be and help me learn and develop. Thank you Kemetia for being such an inspiration and sharing your knowledge and stories with us.
- A. Rivers, Executive Assistant, ViPath -
I was lucky enough to hear Kemetia’s workshop at Exec. Sec. Live in London. She was engaging, energetic, and authentic.
Her knowledge and experiences shine through and she left us energized and inspired.
- D. Liversidge -
Kemetia’s workshop at Exec Sec Live London really was an eye opener. It made me really analyze the way I tell stories. I learnt a lot and I think the stories I tell in the future in my professional life will have more of a positive impact for my brand.
- Joughin, Executive Assistant, Cancer Research UK -
Thank you for a truly amazing session at Exec Secretary Live in London on the power of storytelling. Not only did your workshop teach me new skills, I broke out of my comfort zone to get on stage and share my story! Thank you!
- C. Van Mastrigt, Founder, Girlswithguts.net -
It’s the second time I have the opportunity and chance to hear Kemetia speak. Her performance is better and better every year, and Exec Sec Live 2018 was mesmerizing. Thank you so much Kemetia, you are an inspiration.
- I. Herve -
Booking Kemetia Foley for your event is easy. Here is the information you need to know:
Call our office number on +44 1932 560974 with any queries or to book.
Request Further Information
For more information, a quote or to book Kemetia Foley, please use the contact form or the contact information below.
+ 44 (0) 1932 560974