- This event has passed.
California Employment Law Update: Key HR Compliance Issues For Multi-State Employers – ONLINE/WEBINAR
May 23, 2018 @ 1:00 pm - 2:30 pm| $297.00
About Your Speaker:
Fred Plevin has been managing partner at Paul, Plevin, Sullivan & Connaughton in San Diego since establishing the firm in 1998. For nearly 30 years, he has established a reputation as one of the best management-side employment lawyers in California. He defends employment claims for private and public sector clients, provides advice regarding a wide variety of employment-related issues, and conducts management training. Fred speaks often to business groups on state and national employment law issues.
If you have employees in California, you’re constantly trying to keep up with the state’s crazy maze of complex, ever-changing, employee-friendly employment laws. And 2018 has brought several big changes that demand revisions to your HR policies and procedures.
That’s why it’s absolutely crucial to make sure you’re in full compliance with current HR laws in California – and to understand the changes to come.
On Wednesday, May 23, get up to speed on all things HR California at our comprehensive interactive webinar, California Employment Law Update: Key HR Compliance Issues for Multi-State Employers.
- The California Supreme Court’s recent Dynamex decision, which changes the test for determining whether California workers are employees or independent contractors
- The new Fair Pay Act, the toughest state equal-pay law in the country, including new limits on inquiring about applicants’ prior pay and how the Ninth Circuit’s recent decision on use of prior pay impacts California
- Unique features of California’s wage and hour laws, and steps you must take to avoid liability
- How to have an enforceable arbitration program in California, based on new court rulings
- An update on compliance with California’s patchwork of state and local minimum wage and paid leave laws
- New regulations this year that address workplace investigations and the rights of transgender employees at work
- New “sanctuary state” laws that limit E-Verify use and impose strict limits on what an employer can do in response to a visit or audit by federal immigration agents
- Lessons from key recent court cases involving disability, harassment, PAGA waivers, “on call” pay and more
- Plus YOUR specific questions on complying with California employment law
This webinar will summarize the latest laws, litigation and liabilities in California. If you don’t have employees in the Golden State, be aware that you could fall under California’s complex web of labor laws if you send employees to work there.
Fred Plevin presented on this topic to rave reviews at the Labor & Employment Law Advanced Practices (LEAP) conference. Here’s what the participants had to say:
- “We always need this kind of update every year.”
- “Good information to add to my toolkit.”
- “Great information for me as a non-California employer. Helps me be proactive for upcoming legislation as it moves East.”
Now you can benefit from Fred’s expertise from the comfort of your office, and ask him your California law questions. And because this is a webinar, there is NO LIMIT to the number of colleagues – managers, supervisors, executives – that you can invite to join you.
Join us on May 23 to stay in California compliance and stay out of court.