- This event has passed.
Exeter PA Network: Are you curious about your career? – Networking Event – KEMPTON, EXETER, ENGLAND, UK
June 7, 2018 @ 5:00 pm - 8:00 pm| £15.00
Curious Career Management
- Are you totally satisfied with your life and job?
- Do you regularly examine your values and how they fit into your life and career?
- Are you 100% sure that your job is fulfilling you?
- Are you focused on what are the really important things to you in life? Are they being given enough attention?
- Do you have complete lack of fear about things in your life?
If you answer YES to all of these questions, WELL DONE, you have a great life and you are extremely lucky. If you have said NO to any of these questions then come to the very interactive session with Judy Salmon when we will generate some ideas about how to become more focused on what you want for your life and career. You may not currently have all the answers for your life, and maybe that’s because you are not asking yourself the right questions? Come and get some questions to take away and work on…
There will be two 45 minute sessions and this is what they will cover:
Session 1 : Here’s looking at you kid!
What is important to me?
A values exercise:
- Who am I?
- Where am I? Am I in the right place?
- Are my personal and professional values in alignment?
What is my purpose? Create a visual representation of the life you want.
Session 2 : A brief audit of my current role
What is my perfect day?
What must my role/career possess? Who can enable me to get the career I want?
What happens if my professional and personal values are not in alignment and what happens if my role is not providing what I want and need?
What are my options?
Wrapping up with:
The questions I need to take away from today and work on.
Final creation of a personal commitment statement.
Our Speaker: Judy Salmon
Judy Salmon specialises in general communications skills training with particular expertise in helping individuals at all levels to be more personally effective, confident and aware of their strengths and weaknesses. She works on a one to one basis or with specific teams, helping to prepare them for major new business pitches, how they are interacting with others, how they negotiate, interview others, how they are managing their careers and generally how to make a positive impact. Judy offers practical and common sense solutions to issues. She has addressed many business networks and spoken at conferences. Her clients include Knight Frank, Tate and Lyle, Arup, Siemens, Michelmores LLP, NFU, Brewin Dolphin, Thomas Miller & Co Ltd and Allen and Overy LLP.
Why come along?
Judy Salmon is well known to the Exeter PA Network, having previously presented to the group, helping us to build confidence and assertiveness to achieve the reward and recognition we deserve. We had such incredible feedback after that event, we’re thrilled to be able to have Judy join us again.
This session aims to:
- Identify the areas of your life and career that require more focus to give you the best chance of having a well rounded and happy life.
- Help you better understand your own core values and what happens when they are out of alignment with those around you.
- Create a strong vision of what you want from life and your career and develop strategies to get precisely that.
- Look at fear; what it is and how to overcome it to ensure nothing holds you back!
Let’s make a night of it!
Make the most of the evening, and join us for a post-event networking and food – it’s a great way to get to know each other better. We have been kindly offered a buffet selection and glass of fizz for £10 per person.
If you want to join us for dinner – simply add a dinner reservation ticket to your order. The ticket is free – this is your reservation only. Depending on numbers, we may need to take payment in advance. If we need to do this, we will contact you. Otherwise, this will be payable directly to the venue on the night.
What are my transport/parking options for getting to and from the event?
There are plenty of parking spaces at the venue. If you need a lift, you can contact us and we will try to assist. We would also recommend posting lift shares in the Exeter PA Network LinkedIn Group
How can I contact the organiser with any questions?
Email us [email protected], or telephone 01392 687653 or 07748 700259.