- This event has passed.
Labor and Employment Law Issues Related to Social Networking
July 6, 2017 @ 10:00 am - 11:30 am| $145.00
Employers who use social media will find that they may be violating rules under the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA), regulations from the Federal Trade commission, the Genetic Information Nondiscrimination Act, the National Labor Relations Act, the Health Insurance and Portability Act, and state security requirements, and many other laws.
Disciplining employees for their comments on social media can be a minefield. Not disciplining employees for their comments on social media can be a minefield. What is an employer to do?
Courts and administrative agencies are finally handing down decisions that address these legal concerts. The decisions are specific to social media, including variations by industry. This webinar will cover all of the legal issues and the decisions being made, and how to make sure your policies, actions, are in compliance.
Areas Covered in the Session:
- Identification of social media
- Why social networking has become the human resource professional’s latest friend
- Why social networking has become the human resource professional’s latest enemy
- The National Labor Relations Board’s position on disciplining employees for statement made on social networking sites
- The Financial Industry Regulatory Authority’s position on social networking
- The Federal Trade Commission’s guidelines regarding businesses using social media for endorsement purposes
- What GINA says about social networking and obtaining employees’ genetic information
- When employee statements can violate HIPAA
- When can a human resource professional use information on social networking sites in conducting background checks
- What policies you should consider to protect your company from inappropriate comments on social networking sites
- How to protect your company’s reputation from the disgruntled ex-employee who takes to social networking sites for revenge
Who Will Benefit:
- Human Resource Professionals
- Business Owners
- Risk Managers
- Those responsible for compliance with Sarbanes Oxley
NetZealous LLC, DBA TrainHR
Email: [email protected]