- This event has passed.
Performance Reviews: A Step-By-Step Process for Conducting them Meaningfully and Effectively ONLINE
May 23, 2018 @ 10:00 am - 11:00 am| $145.00
The TrainHR webinar is approved by HRCI and SHRM Recertification Provider.
Overview: One of the most critical areas of employee relationships-and one of the biggest challenges management faces today-is conducting effective performance appraisals and determining appropriate merit increases. Learn to give performance appraisals that help motivate employees to achieve goals and increase their value to the organization.
Since both managers and employees often view performance appraisals with anxiety, attention is given to preparing for and conducting performance discussions that are objective, complete and defensible. You’ll also share experiences and participate in various exercises with other participants to better understand how to obtain the best possible performance from employees.
Why should you Attend:
- How to conduct motivational and directional performance appraisal reviews
- Planning the review
- Managing the review process
- Subtle ways to keep sensitive employees from having their feelings hurt
- How to suggest improvement to an employee’s performance in a way that boosts an employee’s spirits
- Why employees sometimes fear reviews
- Ways to increase standards of performance
Would you like to conduct more effective performance reviews? wasting?
Would you like to know how to give people “bad news” in a way which will not hurt but ion fact improve your working relationships?
Would you like to be able to suggest improvement in a way which encourages rather than discourages?
If you answered “yes” to any of these questions, then come laugh, listen and learn as Chris DeVany leads us all through those important topics, key questions and answers we all need to be able to address effectively to improve our team members’ and team’s performance, no matter how widely distributed everyone is!
Areas Covered in the Session:
- State of the Art Practices in Performance Reviews
- Why annual reviews are not adequate
- Staff involvement and ownership through self-appraisal and dialogue
- Traps to Avoid in the Performance Appraisal Process
- Developing Performance Measures
- Using behavioral terms
- Defining levels of performance
- Collecting Information About Performance
- Establishing a record-keeping system
- Making observations
- Encouraging staff to monitor themselves
- Communicating the Appraisal
- Setting the tone for a two-way discussion
- Evaluating and maximizing strengths
- Communicating about problem areas without creating defensiveness
- Setting mutual goals for maintaining and improving performance
- Using the review as an opportunity for career planning
- Handling resistance
- What to do if you reach a stalemate
- Following Up on the Review
- Monitoring performance
- Making informal appraisal an ongoing occurrence
Who Will Benefit:
- Senior Vice President
- Vice President
- Executive Director
- Managing Director
- Regional Vice President
- Area Supervisor
Event link : http://www.trainhr.com/control/w_product/~product_id=702011LIVE/?channel=executivesecretary_may_2018_SEO
NetZealous LLC, DBA TrainHR
Email: [email protected]