- This event has passed.
Rhonda Scharf: Working With Cultural Diversity – ONLINE/WEBINAR
June 7, 2018 @ 2:00 pm - 3:00 pm| US$139.00
Look around you. Not everyone looks the same, sounds the same, thinks the same, or reacts the same way.
Culturally we have changed significantly over the past decades. However, what we have not learned yet, is to communicate through the cultural lens.
The global economy is affecting everyone. We easily pick up the phone and call China, London, or India where we have offices and coworkers. We can arrange a Skype meeting where everyone can see everyone easily even though we are potentially thousands of miles apart whether that is on the other side of the country, continent, or planet. And while we “know” our co-workers, we often struggle to understand the cultural nuances of dealing with people of different colours, religions, languages, sexual orientations, and ethnicities. Without intending ever to make or think a racist thought, we sometimes make stereotypical assumptions about others.
We know better, but what we don’t know how to do is fix it right?
We can help you with that. Gather your team around the boardroom table and listen to our brand-new webinar on Working with Cultural Diversity. Make sure that everyone understands what is required to work with people who are “not the same” as you are. Make this mandatory training for your company and get them ON THE RIGHT TRACK to ensure you aren’t doing something that not only embarrasses you but the company too.
– understanding cultural and social differences and how to deal with them
– clarifying cultural differences (not limited to ethnicity and race, but also religious views, sexuality, and regional differences leading to biases)
– tips to function better in a diverse workplace
– how to handle difficult situations caused by diversity (shaking hands, greetings, personal questions and assumptions, etc.)
– helping employees with different backgrounds understand and respect each other’s differences
– addressing forbidden topics
– develop skills for a significant and powerful (and free) method to change the culture around difficult topics and see other’s as differently right.
– personally recognize our “kryptonite” and how habitually it limits our behaviours, responses, and beliefs as well as fuels us to build momentum when we need it the most.
Your Presenter: Jessica Pettitt. Jessica Pettitt, M.Ed., CSP, pulls together her stand-up comedy years with 15+ years of diversity trainings in a wide range of organizations to serve groups to move from abstract fears to actionable habits that lead to teams that want to work together. With a sense of belonging and understanding, colleagues take more risks with their ideation, converse precious resources through collaboration, and maintain real connections with clients over time.
Date: Thursday, June 7, 2018
Time: 2:00pm ET
Cost: Only $139.00 per dial-in line (unlimited attendance)
Price of the workshop includes:
- Executive Overview Document (emailed prior to session)
- Live Q&A session following presentation
- Recording of session (available for 60 days)
- 30 days free email one-on-one coaching
- Toll-Free access
Email [email protected] with “Register Me for Cultural Diversity” in the subject line. He will send you your dial-in information and invoice at that time.