- Everything Old is New Again
- 10 Time-saving Tips to Boost Google Workspace Productivity
- How to Put Together a Public Relations Plan
- PROFILE – Alice Gilkes
- Choosing the Right Mindset
- Your Sole Purpose
- Understanding AI: What Artificial Intelligence Can and Cannot Do
- Five Ways to Boost Your Happiness
- Workplace Competition: How to Keep it Healthy
- Bonnie’s Workplace Wish List
- Meeting Design: Treat your Online Conference like a TV Show
- Engaging the Expectation – Experience Loop
- Boost Your Mental Health
- Effective Communication during COVID-19
- PROFILE – Melissa Esquibel
- 7 Golden Rules for Efficient Virtual Meetings
- Avoid Distractions When Working from Home
- Developing Online Confidence
- How Individual Happiness Leads To Team Success
International Speaker, Author, Mentor & Coach, and Ambassador for the secretarial profession
Cathy Harris is an Executive Assistant and has over 38 years’ experience in the Executive PA profession. She commenced her career as an Office professional way back in 1980. With a Diploma in Accounting, and certificates in various secretarial disciplines, Cathy’s experience and expertise in the administrative profession has gained her international recognition.
She is the founder and Director of the Platinum Assistant Network – South Africa; a registered not for gain, Assistants network aimed at providing resources and training initiatives to both local and international assistants. She is also on the World Assistants Summit’s Advisory Council for the implementation of International Certifications/Qualifications, Team.
Cathy is also one of four mentors on the Isipho Admin Bursary initiative, where previously disadvantaged young women have an opportunity to develop into the secretarial profession. She continues to look for opportunities to connect with other administrative associations globally, and to actively play a role in uplifting the profession, inspiring and educating her peers to be formidable business strategists.
Cathy initiated the first ever National Secretary of the Year for Mauritius, (now in its 5th year), and assisted in the formation of the Professional Secretaries Association of Mauritius.
Developmental Skills Training
- – Grow your career, expand your Responsibilities
- – Living Job Descriptions, CV’s and Skills Matrix
- – Building a portfolio of evidence
- – Confidentiality in the workplace
- – Unleashing your professional brand
- – Self Management
- – Preparing for your Performance Appraisal
- – Strategic partnerships
Functional Skills Training
- – Communication
- – Time Management
- – Diary and email management
- – Meetings, and minute taking
- – Unravelling travel
- – Collaboration, team work and leadership skills
- – Document management
- – Practical budgeting, accounts and reconciliations
- – Managing your manager
- – Managing multiple managers
Interpersonal and Innovative Skills Training
- – The Proactive PA
- – Working in a team
- – Personal Leadership skills
- – Multitasking
- – Managing your EQ
- – Dealing with difficult colleagues
- – Office etiquette and business protocols
- – Professionalism in the workplace
- – Creating a PA forum within your organisation
- – DevArt: Creative teambuilding experience incorporating workshop initiatives.
Cathy Harris is a highly knowledgeable management assistant expert trainer and facilitator, an authentic and kind spirited woman, who delivers an inspirational and honest approach to her topics. She is an amazing teacher, who shares both life experiences and humor as part of her very interactive workshop sessions. I learnt so much from her, have changed my views on how to manage my manager, and also how to take care of my own personal development to be the best me!
- Cindy Reddy -
You will not find a more amazing teacher out there. Cathy is passionate about her profession and passionate in delivering a learning experience that you can touch and feel at the same time. She is unforgettable, and I look forward to attending workshops where she is presenting.
- Glenda Lamont -
More down to earth you cannot find! I loved learning from Cathy’s vast knowledge of over 38 years in her profession. She is certainly an expert in her field, very knowledgeable and comes highly rated from various sources. We enjoyed her session on Life Balance so much, we called her back to present to our management team as well. They could only say good things about this lady.
- Leeann Taylor -
To me Cathy Harris is a unique professional. She is recognized as a top notch PA trainer, has a record of achieving 10/10 on our delegate feedback forms, and provides a wide variety of expert knowledge and learning opportunities for our delegates across Africa. She is also a full time Executive PA, has written 2 books with 2 more on the way (I believe), and is one of the nicest, most down to earth, humble human beings I know. Our PA delegates love her and come back to our sessions when she facilitates.
- Shaun - Spectacular -
Cathy has facilitated many workshops here at Discovery for our PA’s over the years. She is just fantastic in her delivery and knowledge of our profession. She also provides coaching and mentoring to our assistants as and when they need it, and makes herself available to help out any PA that finds themselves in need of direction or assistance. Love her work ethic, her integrity, her humility and her professionalism.
- Susan Engelbrecht -
Booking Cathy Harris for your event is easy. Here is the information you need to know:
Call our office number on +44 1932 560974 with any queries or to book.
Request Further Information
For more information, a quote or to book Cathy Harris, please use the contact form or the contact information below.
+ 44 (0) 1932 560974