- The Renaissance is Within Reach
- The Skills Set Matrix
- Wanted: Your Curiosity
- Top Tips for Successful Remote Working
- PROFILE – Jesse Egeonu
- 10 Questions to Ask Your Leader
- Constantly Connected: Six Challenges to Overcome
- Start Your Day the Right Way
- Microsoft Teams: Apps and Tabs
- Key Lessons Learned from Mental Health Challenges
- Menopause in the Workplace
- Combatting Imposter Syndrome
- Ensure Your Resume is Read by a Human
- Why Talking About Our Problems is so Helpful
- Accountability and Credibility
- How to Cope with the Continuing COVID-19 Restrictions
- Networking for Equity and Equality
- Niches for Administrative Professionals
- Job Search During COVID-19
Software instructor and consultant focused on Microsoft Office, Power BI, collaboration with Microsoft 365
Neil Malek is a software instructor and consultant who partners with businesses and organizations to identify and close skill gaps, making their teams more effective and efficient. After twenty years of teaching, he believes that fun, real-world practice is the most functional way to build a practical skillset. With clients like Ernst & Young, Lockheed Martin, and the Chicago Bulls, he has consistently delivered the most impactful, high-energy, and enjoyable courses those businesses have offered their workforce. Neil is Principal at Knack Training, a US firm focused on Microsoft Office, Power BI, and collaboration with Microsoft 365.
File Triage: Quick Fixes to Word, Excel, and PowerPoint Frustrations
If you’ve ever spent hours – or perhaps days – ‘cleaning up’ a document, spreadsheet, or presentation, this session is for you. There are incredible tools, tricks, and shortcuts in each of the major Office applications that can resolve complex problems in seconds, if you only know how to use them. In this 90-minute block, we’ll handle formatting, layout, and even the dreaded ‘dirty data.’
- – Using Styles and Style Sets to control Word formatting
- – Leveraging Section Breaks for document layout issues
- – Creating macros in Word to automate clean-up
- – Tackling problematic data with Flash Fill
- – Crushing exhausting requests with Power Query
- – Using Tables for automatic updating of data analysis
- – Controlling presentations with Slide Masters and Slide Layouts
- – Implementing a standard color scheme across the Office Suite
- – Converting exhaustive lists into engaging graphics
Outlook Inbox Organization and Automation
Many professionals are chained to their inbox – every new email has to be handled at that moment. Managing the flow of information through the inbox, and ultimately being able to retrieve it, act upon it, and share it appropriately, is exhausting. There are several tools in Outlook that, used effectively, can create an elegant, automated organizations system.
- – Folders vs. Search
- – Automated Email Handling
- – Interface Customization
- – Planning and Organizing
Outlook + OneNote: A Perfect Pair
There are so many places where Outlook comes up short – finding important information later, keeping robust meeting minutes connected to the meeting details, providing rich detail for contacts and assignments you work on throughout your day – and OneNote makes each and every one better.
OneNote is a free application you can install on every device you own, and access essential information in seconds from anywhere – and hardly anyone uses it!
- – OneNote Fundamentals
- – Sending Emails to OneNote for Archiving
- – Robust Meeting Minutes and Task Details
- – Sharing Essential Information Anywhere, with Anyone
Essential Excel: Best Practices, Shortcuts, and Templates
Whether you’re an executive, an administrator, an accountant, or a business analyst, everything works better when you use Excel the way it’s meant to be used. Nearly all our headaches with a spreadsheet can be tied back to sloppy data and poor navigation of the file. In this session, we focus on best practices around data layout, building a smart spreadsheet, and simple shortcuts that shave minutes of work every time we open a file. Not only that, but we can make our spreadsheet bulletproof by preparing it properly.
- – The 15 Essential Keyboard Shortcuts
- – Data Layout, Tables, and Automatic Calculations
- – Cleaning up Sloppy Data
- – Data Validation, Conditional Formatting, and Templates
File Triage: Work Smarter, Not Harder
In the three essential Office file-creation programs (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) there are a set of tools and best practices that can shave hours off your workload every week. By either preparing the documents properly ahead of time, or using some quick-fix tools after the problems arise, our files can be clean, consistent, and professional – with very little effort on our part.
- – Microsoft Word Styles and Templates
- – Microsoft Excel Data Validation and Number Formatting
- – Microsoft PowerPoint Slide Masters and Layouts
- – Advanced Find and Replace Options
PowerPoint Power Tools
If you’re going to bring an audience together to watch a live presentation, there had better be a return on that investment. Our PowerPoint presentations tend to bore audiences to tears, but that’s not PowerPoint’s fault. PowerPoint has incredible features that can be brought together in an almost infinite set of combinations, to make our presentations truly compelling.
- – Hidden Slides, Hyperlinks, and Custom Shows
- – Chart Animation Tricks
- – Zoom and Morph Transitions
- – Creating Compelling Takeaways
Thank you so much, Neil. I’ve found your videos and website resources so informative and helpful. Sadly, when I’ve felt I needed something more or different I’ve tried to find books but they never seem to be worth the money I pay for them. With all sincerity, your straight-forward, comprehensive approach tops any resource I’ve found to date! Thank you so much for your help!
- Jill Jakulski, Ph.D. -
f there was ever a person put on this earth to teach you how to use all your software and make you feel you can do it easily, then it is Neil. Calming, reassuring, and patient, as well as really smart!
- Rhonda Scharf -
Professional development instructor Neil Malek of Knack Training presented to a full house at the June Technology Forum. His subject, Techniques for Maximum Effeciency, drew one of the largest crowds since the forum’s inception.
- Conejo Valley Chamber of Commerce -
Neil is an absolute pleasure to work with. His extensive knowledge of various technologies illustrates his value as an instructor, and Neil never hesitates to spend time working with us individually.
- Chloe Stewart -
Neil Malek has gotten the highest marks of any instructor that has taught here at SRI. They said he was phenomenal.
- Eileen Behr -
Booking Neil Malek for your event is easy. Here is the information you need to know:
Call our office number on +44 1932 560974 with any queries or to book.
Request Further Information
For more information, a quote or to book Neil Malek, please use the contact form or the contact information below.
+ 44 (0) 1932 560974